As we enjoy the last few days of 2013, it's fitting to look back and thank those who gave strength, color, and pride to the LGBT community.
In behalf of the organizers of the 2013 Metro Manila Pride March, we would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to everyone who helped in making the 2013 Pride celebration possible.
These are some of the groups that immediately answered the call to organize the Pride March, after a short notice. Without them, the Pride March would have happened.
- Equality Philippines
- Gender and Development Advocates Filipinas
- Lesbian Activism Project
- Malate Business Association
- Metropolitan Community Church
- Outrage Magazine
- Philippine Atheists and Agnostics Society
- Rainbow Rights Project
- Task Force Pride Philippines
- UP Diliman University Student Council
The Pride March organizers, in turn, are very grateful to the sponsors who supported the Pride March, sharing resources, financial aid, and performers.
- Heaven Manila (Red Banana, Mint, Zinc, Azzul)
- FAB Acoustic Bar and The Library
- Outrage Magazine
- BED Manila
Many, many thanks, too, to those people who contributed their time and skills for the Pride March.
- Svet de la Cura for the awesome Pride March poster.
- Amnesty International Philippines for distributing the donation for the Typhoon Yolanda victims.
- The police and barangay assistance that helped secure the parade and program area.
- The performers who entertained the Pride March attendees (and did it pro bono).
There may be other people whom we failed to name here but also deserves recognition for their support. We hope that you will accept a blanket thank you and a virtual hug.
And finally, the Pride March is all about the community. We are a community of LGBTQs. That we return every year to join the Pride March shows our bonds as a community.
The Metro Manila Pride March is an effort of the Metro Manila LGBTQ community. The Metro Manila Pride March is for the Metro Manila LGBTQ community.
To those of you who joined the 2013 Metro Manila Pride March: Thank you, happy holidays, and see you again in 2014!