Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Many Lights For Human Rights - AIDS Candlelight Memorial 2010
The Department of Health–Philippine National AIDS Council and TLF SHARE Collective, Inc. are coordinating the 27th AIDS Candlelight Memorial with the theme “Many Lights for Human Rights: Remember, Honor and Act”.
The event aims to:
(1) increase awareness on HIV/AIDS;
(2) to foster solidarity and support between and among different communities, NGOs, support groups and other stakeholders in addressing HIV/AIDS issues;
(3) to promote respect and uphold the dignity of persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families;
(4) to mobilize communities and individuals towards achieving a participatory and meaningful engagement;
(5) to remember and honor Filipinos who passed away due to HIV/AIDS and to support those who are affected.
This event shall gather key stakeholders in the HIV and AIDS response--public and private organizations, faith-based groups, health, social welfare, labor, commerce and industry as well as civil society and local communities representing the most at risk and vulnerable populations.
For inquiries, please feel free to contact Mr. Marcy Oculto at (02) 751 7047, (02) 728 8487 or (0908) 230 3783.
at 4:22 PM